Monday, October 21, 2013

THOSE IMPORTANT REMINDERS

The adoption enquiry count for Garfield now stands at 6. The last one of which was yesterday afternoon, I spoke to a woman who sounded like a perfect fit for our creamsicle boy. Someone with a great deal of experience dealing with big cats, currently has a 17 Ib boy at home, and has had cats her entire adult life. She and her husband weren't fazed by Garfield's size at all (hooray!), and were anxious to come out and meet him.


Unfortunately however, not an hour after I had spent 40 minutes on the phone with her, she called back to say that in further discussion with her husband, they had come to the conclusion that Garfield wasn't the right fit because he wouldn't be allowed to free feed all day and their current cat did - they didn't want to upset the house.

I was sorely disappointed and yes I'll admit it, somewhat annoyed.

Regardless I went off to my volunteer work feeling let down and was sharing the story with another rescue volunteer who reminded me that Garfield's six adoption enquiry calls were nothing short of AMAZING! - most kitties get one or two max!!!

The more I thought about it, the more I realized how right she was. There wasn't anything to be discouraged about! Garfield was generating lots of interest which is a great thing in and of itself and it just means that he's that much closer to getting his forever home.

So glad that I had "N" there to remind me of that and to help me refocus on the glass half full; not half empty. :))

2 comments:

  1. Don't get disappointed LM - remember it took awhile for Flossy to find her right forever home ... Gorgeous Garfield's is in the wings !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't the right fit which only means that the right fit is around the corner and it is something to look forward to! :)


    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete