Thursday, August 20, 2015

NEVER FORGOTTEN

Today I won't be writing about kitties. Instead, as I've done in the 2 years previous to this one, I'm dedicating this post to my younger Sister Tanya who passed away 3 years ago on this day at the age of 38.

There has not been one single day since she died that I have not thought of her. At times, I can be in the full throes of something and suddenly I am reminded that she is no longer among us and it can still quite literally take my breath away. Thirty six months later and her passing can still seem so surreal.

The sadness and sorrow I have felt with her sickness and subsequent death has not diminished and I don't expect that it ever will, but it has in some ways, changed. I don't accept what happened to her but I am learning to live with it, and I know that she lives on in a place free from the pain and suffering she endured here; for that I am eternally grateful.

For Tanya Marlene Hermann who loved the colour purple, and enjoyed the singer Usher, I remember.........and you are still my Sister.

3 comments:

  1. Purrs of condolence and comfort as you remember your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love is eternal ... you will always be connected. take comfort in knowing your sister is in a much better place. thinking of you today LM, you are in our prayers

    ReplyDelete