Saturday, March 8, 2014

TOUGHING IT

It's been a rough few days with Mikey. Fear, doctor's visits, sickness, anitibiotics, painkillers and force feedings have all been on our roster in the last 72 hours, but once again I am amazed at how much some of these kitties will endure and yet still find room in their hearts to show love and kindness.

The URI has been downright nasty and I was somewhat worried for about 24 hours or so when the worst of it was present, but we seem to be over that hill (at least I hope so) and Mikey is looking a little better.

He just LOVES to be brushed and it does seem to calm him so I've been doing quite abit of it. Needless to say I think he's one gorgeous boy (and I wouldn't be surprised if he has some Maine Coon or some such breed flowing through his veins), and so utterly gentle and loving, I can't fathom how anyone could have parted with him.



3 comments:

  1. He is gorgeous. I hope he is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Mikey sure looks so much better than he did when he first arrived at Safe Haven, looks more relaxed. I agree with you re the breeding, Mikey looks as though he does have some Maine Coone coursing thru his veins. He sure is a handsome gentleman, isn't he !!

    ReplyDelete